Sunday 22 July 2012

Generation Two - Chapter Ten


It was weird, seeing the house so empty. While I didn't feel overly connected to it, since Caelan and I hadn't exactly grown up here, I was still feeling a little weird knowing that we would never see it again. This was where Mum had wanted to built a new start for us. It's where Leon had picked me up for prom, where we had then shared our first kiss and become a couple. Caelan and I had become young adults in this house, and we had lived here when we had celebrated our graduation.

Mum had died here.

We had buried her here, in Riverview. Caelan and I had considered taking her with us, so she could rest close to us, but we had decided against it. We wouldn't get a proper new start if we took her grave, and it didn't feel right to drag her across the country, anyway. She hadn't grown up in Riverview, but she had spent the large majority of her life here. Even if there had been some pretty rough times, Riverview had been her home. It wasn't right to bring her somewhere else - not now that she couldn't protest.


I heard someone honk a car's horn, and sighed nostalgically. This was it. "Ebony? We're here!" Leon called from outside. The things that we wanted to take had already been brought to Brooklyn Hights a couple of days ago, and everything else had been sold. We had only lived with a few essentials over the last few days, such as the fridge, a toilet, shower, sink and our beds. Our beds were the only things that would be delivered to us from now on, all other basics we had commissioned for our new home.

Leon and I had talked about ideas together, but in the end we had mostly settled on my wood cabin paradise. We had drawn up the plans for it together, and had calculated how much it would cost us, how much money we would have to spend on it, and how much would be left over in the end. Truth be told, it had come to a lot more than we had originally wanted, and we didn't have as much money left over as we had thought, but I was excited to see it.

It had taken several months to build, and I hoped that they hadn't messed things up too badly. It had cost us a lot of money, after all, and it was my dream come true.

After five hours in the car (four of which were spent trying to navigate through the city), we finally pulled up in front of our new house. And boy, did I love it!



It was exactly how I had imagined it! I was excited to see that they had even bothered with the plants, and that the bin was already where I had drawn it on the plans. Or rather, where Leon had drawn it. He had drawn the whole thing, only going after my descriptions. He was really good at it, and had seemed to enjoy it, too. I hadn't been surprised at all when he had announced that he wanted to try and become an architect. He really was good at it, and there was bound to be room for one more interior architect in a city as big as this.

Leon, Caelan and I - we had already brought Tess to her new home on the way to ours - went inside to take a look around.


It was still mostly empty, but I was very much in love with it. All our furniture was supposed to arrive within an hour after us, so the rooms wouldn't stay empty for long. There wasn't that much furniture to speak off, really, so we were wanting to get it all done that day.

Eventually, with the very welcomed help of the delivery guys, everything was positioned in place. It had taken the three of us several hours of heavy lifting, and we were knackered by the end of it, so we had been grateful for the extra help. It was still early though, so we decided to settle in a little and relax before going to bed.


We all did that differently. I had no idea where he got the energy from after all the furniture-moving, but Caelan jumped on the new treadmill immediately. It was a newer model from the same company the old one had been from, and it looked pretty good! It hadn't been cheap, but we had never had a problem with the old one, so we hoped that it would be just as reliable.


Leon went looking for jobs right away. As it turned out, I had been right - there were several openings for interior designers, and he was somehow offered a job immediately. He said that the employer had been searching for months without a reply, and was happy to give him a chance blindly - on the condition that Leon could keep his customers happy and earn good reviews, otherwise he would be out job hunting again. Which was fair enough. He just seemed relieved to finally have a job.


I myself went to the other side of the city. This place had a beach. A beach! I had never been to the beach before! Riverview had some smaller areas which we had called beaches, but really they had just been small rows of sand by the riverbed. They weren't really beaches, not like these!

I had attended a quick talk about gardening at the local science facility, and took a few minutes before I went back home to take in the typical salty smell of the nearby sea. The water stretched so far I couldn't see the end of it, the screaming seagulls sounded fantastic. How had I ever had doubts about this place? I hadn't been there for one whole day yet, and I loved it already!


We had been given some seeds at the talk, and I couldn't wait to plant them. By that point the sun was getting ready to set, my back was killing me from having spent five hours in the car, and I was overall exhausted, but I was too excited to lie down. Leon shook of the stress of moving by playing with our old slip and slide, while I planted the little seeds into the ground, covering each of them with plenty of earth and dirt. I watered the little piles with what I hoped was just the right amount of water, not too much and not too little, and went inside.


We had taken Ted with us, and I had given him a new home in the dining room (we had an actual dining room!) right next to the huge windows. That way he could look outside if he got bored, rather than staring at the stove and fridge. Honestly, I was surprised that he was still alive! How long did fish usually live? He was the first fish I had ever caught, probably when I had been around seven years old. I was twenty now. Was thirteen years normal for fish? He seemed healthy enough (as far as I could tell), so I would simply keep feeding him until he floated belly up on the water one day.


I also had the sudden need to increase my social skills. I wasn't entirely sure why, and just knew that I wanted to be better at conversational skills, so I started practising right away in front of the mirror.

Until Leon came in, chest bare, anyway.


"Hello there, beautiful. How are you liking your new home?" He stood seductively close, I could see the water glistening on his skin even. Oh God, I wanted him! But... No more but's. I would just have to give myself a little kick sometime. Sometime soon, hopefully.

"Very much, it's exactly how I had envisioned it." A cheeky smile spread across his face, but it turned nervous suddenly.

"Listen, erm..." he began, and I felt all nervous, too. "If you're uncomfortable with me sleeping in the same bed as you, I'll sleep on the coach. I know we've been over this, but I don't want you to feel like you have to agree just because we don't have an extra bed at the moment." Phew, and there I had been thinking that this was something bad. He was right, we had been over this already. In fact, we had talked about it on the way here in the car. Tess had giggled to herself while looking outside, and Caelan hadn't looked too pleased at the idea of us sharing a bed. He especially hadn't looked happy at us discussing it in the car, but we hadn't talked about anything kinky. Just whether we should share or not.


"It's fine, Leon. I want to sleep in the same bed as you." And I really, really did! Maybe this would be the kick I needed? We had been together for so many years now... Just thinking about his warm body pressed against mine was enough to make me dizzy. And I could tell he wanted me, too. The expression on his face told me as much. Maybe it would be better if he just... jumped me and did it? He was strong, I would never be able to fight him off!


It had gotten late, and it was dark outside by the time we ate dinner. All three of us were too tired to cook anything, so we just had toast with jam. It was easy to prepare, and after a very long, hard day even that tasted like a feast.

But somehow, I was still too excited to sleep. Caelan went to bed, but Leon and I headed outside to slip-and-slide some more.


It only took twenty minutes, however, until I was ready to fall asleep standing up.

"Careful, beautiful, or you're going to trip over your own feet!" The sad part was that I had actually stepped over something and he had caught me.

"Maybe I should go lie down..." I mumbled, enjoying the sound of his laugh.

"Yes, I think it's time we got you to bed, too." We went inside, and quickly got changed. Nothing else happened that night, I simply pulled the covers over my head and fell asleep.


And boy, it felt every bit as good as I had imagined to have his body so close to mine!

Yup, I could definitely get used to this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra Pics

It's only got one floor - this is it unfurnished :) Obviously, the garden isn't quite there yet.

This is it nearly completely furnished for now.

A better view of the dining room (the easel is in there, two doors to go outside, and Ted's new home + plus the chess board)

And this is their new view from their mailbox! :)

You can download Brooklyn Hights here! :) It's gorgeous, and I highly recommend it :3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wishes fulfilled

Learn the gardening skill
Buy a logic book
Garden
Learn Charisma Skill

No comments:

Post a Comment