Friday 15 June 2012

Generation Two - Chapter Three


I couldn't resist, only a few days after we had moved into our new home I threw a slumber party. Our old home had been too small, but now we had plenty of space.

I'll admit, it was only a small party. I had invited Leon, and Caelan had insisted we invite Danielle, someone he said was just a friend and who I knew he had a massive crush on.

Leon and I started a pillow fight in my brother's room. Every now and then between breaths, we could hear Danielle giggle from downstairs.


My brother had had the same idea, and was pillow fighting with her in the kitchen. Stupid idiot that he was, he had decided to dye the ends of his hair turquoise, insisting he looked really cool with it. I thought he looked ridiculous, but Danielle seemed to dig it. Either that or she was indifferent. At least he was entertaining her, I didn't want my first slumber party to be a disaster because my brother couldn't entertain a girl.


Eventually, Leon and I had tired ourselves out. I wanted to get to know him better, so I started chatting with him. As it turned out, he was actually a really sweet guy! I had never noticed his awesome eye colour before, or his actually cute smile. I really wanted to be good friends with him. He had always been nice to me as a kid, and I hoped we could carry on whatever it was that we had. It was nice to have a guy friend, most of the girls in my class were so shallow!


Also, when I went to sleep outside (I could hardly pass up an opportunity to sleep underneath the stars, now that I had a sleeping bag!), Leon followed me and placed his bag right next to mine. It was nice to know that he didn't think I was weird for sleeping outside, and I did appreciate not having to be on my own. We talked a little longer, and eventually fell asleep.


When I went to take a shower the next morning, I discovered what my stupid brother had been up to after I had gone outside to sleep. The prick had changed my shampoo for hair dye. Neon Pink hair dye. It took me ages to wash that stuff out again - whatever dye he had bought, it didn't come out easily! My brother, the prankster. I hated him. He'd pay for this, I just hadn't decided how yet. But I would get him!


I had the feeling he enjoyed annoying me in general. Recently, every time I tried to do my homework he'd sit down next to me and start eating. Loudly.

"Do you have to do that now?"

"I'm hungry, sis! Do you want me to go hungry?"

"You're a fat jerk, you know that? As if you'd starve so easily, your body's got more than enough reserves to sustain you for a while. Can't you eat in your room? Or in the living room?"

"Nu-uh, can't do, sis! I don't wanna get crumps in my bed, and Mum would go nuts if she were to find crumps in the living room."

"Then eat on your freakin' floor, I'm trying to study!"

"The floor? But that's hard! This chair is much nicer to sit on!"

There, can you say annoying? He was such an arrogant prick!


Since I wasn't going to get any real studying done, I went outside to go fishing. The river was further away than it had been from our old home, but it was much quieter on the nearest part. There were no houses around, and hardly any traffic. It was the perfect place for me to go and relax and, yes, to get away from Caelan, too.


A few weeks later, and the opportunity for the perfect party hit me. Mum had won some holiday, and would be gone for a few days... Which meant that we had the house to do whatever we wanted. We lived in the middle of nowhere, so there were no neighbours who could tell the cops on us. Besides, we didn't have a radio, we were hardly going to have loud music playing.

The moment Mum had left the house, and her taxi was out of sight, I grabbed the phone and called some friends.


Danielle was the first to arrive. I didn't want things to kick off awkwardly, so I made some conversation with her. She wasn't actually that bad! I could see what my brother saw in her, but had no idea what she could possibly see in him.

About ten minutes later, her brother arrived. No idea why they hadn't arrived together. The pizza I had ordered had been delivered ten minutes earlier, and while I wanted to wait for Leon I didn't want our food to get cold either, so I told everyone to grab a slice.


We only just had enough seats for everyone, so it was kinda a good thing that Leon hadn't made it. Things were a little awkward though, because Danielle had brought her brother. That boy who's toy horse I had stolen in school during show and tell. Pony boy. I didn't think Connor knew that it had been me who had taken his horse, but I knew, and it made things a little weird.

I concentrated on my pizza when he tried talking to me, or talked to his sister instead.


Since we didn't have any music to dance to, we gathered on the sofa after dinner. Connor decided to sit down next to me, so I was kinda forced to talk to him. Otherwise, it would have been obvious that I was ignoring him, and that would have made things even more awkward.

This whole situation was made worse by the fact that my brother was completely taken with Danielle, who seemed just as interested in him. My choices consisted of talking to the guy whose horse I'd stolen, or watching my brother's disgusting attempts at flirting. Difficult situation, wouldn't you say?


I was saved by Danielle, who suddenly remembered that we had a slip and slide and ran to it, clothes falling off to reveal her swimwear faster than my eyes could follow. Grateful for that chance, I followed her, the boys following me just as quickly.

It was getting pretty late, but it wasn't cold out, so none of us minded being in our swim wear. Again I regretted not having any music, a radio or cd player would have been perfect!

"So, my sister is quite taken with your brother!" Oh geez.

"Err, yeah, seems so!"

"They look nice together, don't they?" Why was this happening to me?

Desperate to change the subject, I said the only thing worse than I'm the one who stole your toy pony! "Didn't want to bring your girlfriend?" Great, Ebony, now he probably thought I was interested in him!


"Haha, I don't have a girlfriend! It's sickening enough to watch them flirt every chance they get!" Aha, maybe pony boy wasn't so bad?

"I know! My brother hasn't even said it yet! He just blushes every time I mention her."

"I DO NOT!"

"Do, too!"

"Danielle's the same! Wouldn't surprise me to find little Mrs Caelan Blackwood hearts all over her diary!" We burst out laughing, especially when I saw Caelan's bright red face. Danielle didn't seem to care, she kept giving us happy looks.


I had an idea of what she thought was going on, but she was wrong. Connor wasn't such a bad guy, but we had only just met! I was not one of those sluts who wanted to fuck a guy first second they met. Besides, her happy grins were starting to annoy me. If she was going to behave like that every time we met there was no chance of there ever being anything more serious.

We were having fun with the slip and slide until five in the morning. Caelan and I went to our rooms, exhausted. I could hear Danielle's happy squeaks and splashes hours after we had gone inside, so she was clearly still enjoying the slip and slide on her own. Just before falling asleep I noticed Connor passing out in my room, but when I woke up around half nine he was gone.

I found him in the living room on the sofa, while Danielle was having some toast to eat. They had just waited to say good bye, and left.


I was just thinking what an awesome party it had been, when a police officer entered my kitchen (no idea how she had managed to get inside, pretty sure the door had been shut) and lectured me for having had my teen party. An hour after my guests had left. How's that for timing? Apparently, some neighbours had complained. WHAT NEIGHBOURS?

No idea how she had even heard of our little get together, but, well, she decided it was best to phone Mom. ONE HOUR after everyone had left.

Ah, hell. Mom would be so pissed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wishes Fulfilled

Throw a slumber party
Order pizza
Talk to Connor (3x)

No comments:

Post a Comment