Thursday 28 June 2012

Generation Two - Chapter Five


I was very excited the whole day of Prom. Ever since Leon had asked me to go with him, I could hardly think of anything else. My dress was ready, all that had to happen now was for the rest of the day to pass, Leon to come and pick me up, and the traditional Limo to arrive.

Ten minutes of that day I spent signing up for the debate club. I had been considering it for several weeks, and had the right afternoons off during the week, so I thought I could give it a try.


When it was finally time for us to jump into the Limo and leave for the dance, my brother behaved like a complete idiot. He had been sneaking through the house ever since Mom had grounded us, and I had assumed that he continued even after our punishment had ended as a way of pissing of Mom. I had hoped that he'd walk normally at least for this night, but, well, I had been wrong.

I had been so sure that he'd ask Danielle to be his date, but he never did. In the end, he went on his own, but he didn't seem to mind.


I felt gorgeous that night. My dress had cost a little fortune, and I was sure that I wouldn't be wearing it for the last time. But wearing it now, for the first time ever, I felt special.

The whole evening was amazing. Caelan managed to somehow get into a few fights, but was voted Prom King which raised his mood for the rest of the night.

And myself? Leon made sure that I had everything I needed. He kept bringing me drinks (non-alcoholic, the chaperones had made sure of that), danced with me again and again, even when the music started to slow down and everyone started to dance a lot closer. That's when he told me that he had feelings for me, and I told him the same. He had been a great friend to me ever since our childhood, and since the moment he had asked me out to this dance I had known. I had fallen for my best friend, and I had my feelings confirmed when he held me close, and kissed me.

I had never felt anything like it. The whole evening had been magical, and I owed it to Leon.


Mom was so proud of our prom pictures that she hang them up above the sofa. I slept in the next day, but when I woke up my first thoughts were with Leon. He had been so charming all evening, and I actually wanted to go on another date with him.


In fact, I felt so good that morning that I decided to cook breakfast. I had never made waffles before, or anything that involved actual cooking, but I was feeling adventurous. Luckily, they didn't turn out too bad! They were edible, anyway.

The weekend came around, and Leon asked me out again.


I suggested going to the swimming pool, partly because I had been wanting to go for weeks and partly because I wanted to see him with no shirt on. The latter didn't work, because he did wear a shirt, but the cool water still felt amazing.


I also started spending more time with Mom. Our relationship had turned sour after my party, and things between us hadn't really been the same since she had grounded me and my brother. I was very aware of her age, and although she was doing well and was healthy as far as I could tell, I didn't want to regret not having spent enough time with her.

As it turned out, being friends with her again was easier said than done. She still seemed to be mad at me, and responded to most things with as short a sentence as she could think of. She didn't laugh at my jokes, and seemed distant. As a result, I felt like I couldn't talk to her, and it both irritated me and frustrated me.


I found solace in our new bathtub. It wasn't exactly the best one on the market, but soaking for half an hour in the hot water was pure bliss. I locked the door, would have lit a candle had we had any, and relaxed.


A few weeks had passed since prom, and things between Leon and me were still going strong. I had been over at his place a few times, and we'd had several pillow fights and re-matches. His parents were real nice, too, and I was starting to get to know his younger sister, Tess, better.


And, yes, we did do couple stuff, too. At first it felt a bit weird to make out when his parents were right behind us, watching TV, but I got used to it pretty quickly. Leon was an amazing kisser, so I couldn't say that I didn't like getting used to it.


He took me out a lot, too. Sometimes, we'd go out for dinner together, or lunch, or we'd go and watch a film. One month after prom, and I still felt my tummy do a somersault every time he called.

I couldn't be sure, because I had never felt like this before, but I thought that this was what people called love.

And if I was right, it had hit me pretty hard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wishes Fulfilled

Attend Prom
Sign up for an afterschool activity
become Good friends with Leon
Go Swimming
Have pillow fight with Leon
Kiss Leon
Watch a Movie
Watch the Stars with Leon
Go on a date with Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment